East Union Baptist Church in Jackson TN began as a mission known as Bethany Chapel in the Spring of 1955. Bro. James Farrar, along with the members of the Parkview Baptist Church saw the need for a church in the East Union Community and helped start this great mission. East Union was organized as a church on Sunday, November 6,1960, with pastors and deacons from twelve churches of the Madison Chester Association of Baptists along with other church leaders and visitors.
The church began with eighty-four charter members and has since expanded to include the Troutt Christian Life Center, East Union Children’s Corner, a new sanctuary, a beautiful fellowship hall, many new Sunday School classrooms, renovation of the Youth Department, new office areas, complete renovation of the upstairs in the Christian Life Center, which houses the Children’s.Department. East Union Baptist Church was incorporated on January 8, 2002 and is a vital part of God’s Kingdom and the community of East Union.
The Lord surely continues to bless us here at this great church. As long as we serve and obey the Lord, the history will go on with great things continuing to happen in the future. East Union Baptist Church goes forward in service to honor and praise the Lord Jesus Christ, in whose honor this great church began in 1960.